Here are some updates that we noticed this week.
- Carnival Cruise Lines has canceled departures out of Miami and Port Canaveral for November 2020.
- Quantum of the Seas sailings have been canceled through March 2021.
- Hurricane Delta was a great worry but left the resorts in the Yucutan Peninsula mostly unscathed.
- Many of the resorts in sun destinations are opening back up this fall, and some of them are including insurance when you book. As always, with insurance, in-depth scrutiny is required.
- Covid-19 has inspired a travel innovation – with people more able to work and even attend school remotely, some travelers are packing up their families and working in a chosen destination. This can work for short-term vacations, but in some destinations normal requirements have been waived and it is possible to stay for a much longer period. Fees and restrictions may apply…but if our government changes the status of our travel advisories, I can see this being a thing for many of us. We’ll be here to help!
- CLIA and member cruise lines commit to requiring universal Covid – 19 testing prior to embarkation for both guests and crew.