Why Take a Repositioning Cruise?
What is a Repositioning Cruise?
A repositioning cruise is the name given to specific sailings when a ship is leaving a region of the world where it’s been following many itineraries, on its way to sail another region’s waters. Ships might be changing locations for a variety of reasons such as changes in weather or the season (typically during spring or autumn) It’s possible they may also move due to a large demand for cruising in another area of the world. Whatever the reason may be, these lesser-known sailings can provide many benefits for travellers.
Some of the most common repositioning cruises are also some of the most popular. A Transatlantic cruise between Europe and North America is one of the best possible values in Cruising, especially if you’re a fan of sea days. These journeys are typically between 6-8 days and most of them are at sea. Perfect for the cruisers who know the ship itself is the destination. A Panama Canal repositioning cruise, on the other hand, will usually last about 2 weeks! Itineraries vary greatly depending on the cruise line and time of year so the Panama repositioning cruise often lends itself to a few more sights along the way and of course the engineering marvel of the canal itself.
The Best Part?
The best part about repositioning cruises? Well, it has to be that they are known for delightfully low fares compared to other sailings. For example, many sailings offer a week or more of accommodations, entertainment and meals for less than $100 a day! Any traveller knows you’d be hard pressed to enjoy the same level of luxurious vacation anywhere else on the same budget.
For expert advice and knowledge on all things “repositioning cruises” contact a CruisePlus travel specialist today!
CruisePlus Travel & Tours Top Reasons to Take a Repositioning Cruise
- While most are sea days, repositioning cruises do visit some of the world’s most iconic cities
- Say goodbye to jet lag! Repositioning cruises allow travellers to change regions of the world at a leisurely pace.
- Visit an exotic region of the world without the usual cost associated with round-trip flights accommodation and all the added extras!
- These journeys are the perfect opportunity to add a couple days in your favourite city before or after your cruise, maybe even both if you’ve got the time
- These are the best cruises for relaxation, with many days at sea there will be plenty of time to rejuvenate at the spa
- Many cruise lines offer a variety of enrichment classes on board. Use your sea days to enjoy dancing, attend a lecture, learn yoga or even attend a culinary cooking class
Looking for the best value in cruising? We send out emails every week with the best offers the industry has to offer! Sign up for them here