- Avalon Waterways
14 Night Discover the Galapagos & Peru
CruisePlus River Package
Lima to Quito
July 21, 2019
Avalon Waterways Treasure of Galapagos
Fantastic treasures await you on this cruise vacation to Peru and the Galápagos Islands.
What we are Including
- Savings of $650 per person
- 9-day guided tour from Lima to Quito including a tour of Machu Picchu
- Flight from Cusco to Quito, Ecuador
- 5-night Galapagos Island cruise onboard the 9-suite Treasure of Galapagos
- $400 US per person onboard credit
*Ask us about arranging your flights!
Lima to Peru
Day 1 Lima:Welcome to Lima
Day 2 Lima:Walking tour; visit San Francisco Monastery; Larco Herrera Museum and welcome dinner
Day 3 Lima–Cusco–Sacred Valley:Visit Awanakancha to see various camelids from the region, and explore Pisac Market
Day 4 Sacred Valley–Machu Picchu:Visit the Ollantaytambo ruins; Take the Vistadome train to Machu Picchu; walking tour of Machu Picchu
Day 5 Machu Picchu–Cusco:Enjoy a second included entrance to Machu Picchu; return on the Vistadome train to the Sacred Valley and continue to Cusco
Day 6 Cusco:Walking tour of Cusco, visit Santo Domingo Monastery, the Cathedral, and the ruins of Sacsayhuaman
Day 7 Cusco–Quito, Ecuador:Fly to Quito via Lima
Day 8 Quito:Excursion to Otavalo’s Indian market and Peguche; Hacienda lunch
Day 9 Quito:Walking tour, visit San Francisco Monastery, La Compania Church, La Ronda Street, a Chocolate factory, and the Equatorial Monument
Day 10 Quito–San Cristobal–Galápagos Islands (Embarkation):Fly to the Galápagos Islands; embark Treasure of Galápagos; visit Cerro Colorado Tortoise Reserve on San Cristobal Island
Day 11 Galápagos Islands Cruising:Española Island: Naturalist-guided walks; snorkelling
Day 12 Galápagos Islands Cruising:Floreana Island: Naturalist-guided walks; snorkelling
Day 13 Galápagos Islands Cruising:Santa Fé & Santa Cruz Islands: Naturalist-guided walks on each island; snorkelling
Day 14 Galápagos Islands (Disembarkation)–Santa Cruz Island–Quito:Disembark Treasure of Galápagos; visit El Chato Tortoise Reserve; fly to Quito
Day 15 Quito:Your vacation ends this morning
Unhindered and Uninhibited River CruisingAvalon Waterways knows their clientele and they know how their guests enjoy the different perspectives river cruising offers. The unique opportunity that river cruising presents to those that love exploring the world on their own terms is why Avalon has always said “see the world your way” and is why Avalon Waterways has remained one of the world’s premier river cruise lines. River cruising is one of the best ways to visit and explore the waterways that have consistently been some of the most important trade routes of any country and have been instrumental in the success and development of the incredible cities that you’ll be visiting during your journey.
Take the time to discover more about Avalon Waterways and what makes them one of the premier river cruise operators in the world. We guarantee you won’t regret it.
What can you expect with your Avalon Waterways adventure?
Here’s just a small sampling of what an Avalon river cruise might provide on your journey:
- Open-Air Balconies in suites that offer unprecedented views with wall-to-wall and floor-to-ceiling windows that open to the world
- Suites that are 30% larger than the average stateroom
- Undefinable yet ever present luxury
- Exquisite dining that features local ingredients prepared by world class master chefs
- A variety of dining options that includes special events tailored to your itinerary, a la carte meals and multiple venues aboard the ship
- Incredible itineraries to exciting and exotic locales that will leave you virtually speechless yearning to return for more