- Avalon Waterways
12 Night Fascinating Vietnam, Cambodia & the Mekong River
Ho Chi Minh City to Siem Reap
April 8, 2019
Avalon Waterways Siem Reap
You need to visit Angkor, possibly the most important city on the planet in 1000 AD. The history and spirituality here are beyond your imagination. Life on the Mekong Delta ranges from floating markets to modern-day Ho Chi Minh City. Fascinating!
What we are Including
- Savings of $1300 per person
- 3 nights in Ho Chi Minh City
- 7-night river cruise
- 2 nights in Siem Reap
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in lounges & beer/spirits through the day onboard
- Guided sightseeing conducted by certified local guides
- $275 US per person onboard credit
*Ask us about arranging your flights!
Ho Chi Minh City to Siem Reap
Day 1 Ho Chi Minh City:Welcome to Vietnam
Day 2 Ho Chi Minh City:Walking tour; visit the famous Rex Hotel for a drink, War Remnants Museum, and Ben Thanh Market; cooking class
Day 3 Ho Chi Minh City:Cu Chi Tunnels excursion
Day 4 Ho Chi Minh City (Embarkation):Onboard welcome reception
Day 5 Vinh Long–Cu Lao Gieng:Visit a local workshop to see how rice paper, rice wine, and traditional candy are made in Vinh Long; visit a sampan-making family and interact with a Catholic priest in Cu Lao Gieng
Day 6 Chau Doc–Long Khanh A–Cambodian Border Crossing:Visit a local market and the religious sites at Sam Mountain in Chau Doc; walking tour of Long Khanh A with cotton-weaving demonstration
Day 7 Phnom Penh:Sightseeing by private cyclo, including the Royal Palace, Silver Pagoda, and the National Museum; afternoon at leisure; show by children from a local orphanage
Day 8 Phnom Penh:Visit the Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum and visit one of the Cambodian Killing Fields
Day 9 Wat Hanchey–Angkor Ban:Visit Wat Hanchey and partake in a traditional water blessing by local monks; walking tour in Angkor Ban with school visit
Day 10 Konpong Louang–Kampong Tralach:Visit the silversmith village of Konpong Louang; ox cart ride through the countryside, and visit a local farmer’s home in Kampong Tralach
Day 11 Phnom Penh (Disembarkation)–Siem Reap:Fly to Siem Reap; visit Angkor Wat, Angkor Thom, and Bayon Temple
Day 12 Siem Reap:Visit Ta Prohm, Banteay Srei, and a noodle-making village; Apsara dance performance
Day 13 Siem Reap:End of vacation
Unhindered and Uninhibited River CruisingAvalon Waterways knows their clientele and they know how their guests enjoy the different perspectives river cruising offers. The unique opportunity that river cruising presents to those that love exploring the world on their own terms is why Avalon has always said “see the world your way” and is why Avalon Waterways has remained one of the world’s premier river cruise lines. River cruising is one of the best ways to visit and explore the waterways that have consistently been some of the most important trade routes of any country and have been instrumental in the success and development of the incredible cities that you’ll be visiting during your journey.
Take the time to discover more about Avalon Waterways and what makes them one of the premier river cruise operators in the world. We guarantee you won’t regret it.
What can you expect with your Avalon Waterways adventure?
Here’s just a small sampling of what an Avalon river cruise might provide on your journey:
- Open-Air Balconies in suites that offer unprecedented views with wall-to-wall and floor-to-ceiling windows that open to the world
- Suites that are 30% larger than the average stateroom
- Undefinable yet ever present luxury
- Exquisite dining that features local ingredients prepared by world class master chefs
- A variety of dining options that includes special events tailored to your itinerary, a la carte meals and multiple venues aboard the ship
- Incredible itineraries to exciting and exotic locales that will leave you virtually speechless yearning to return for more