Hosted 15 Night Riches of the Mekong
CruisePlus Hosted Journey
Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh
January 5, 2021
Join your hosts Bill and Georgy Good on this fascinating cruise of the Mekong River!
Cruise along the Mekong through Cambodia and Vietnam as you are transported back in time to another era, where the rhythms of the countryside move at a slower pace and allow for a fascinating glimpse into a traditional way of life. Visit rural villages, colourful markets and a monastery, where you will receive a special Buddhist blessing by monks. Delve into the peaks and valleys of Cambodia’s history in the Royal Palace and National Museums of its beautiful capital, Phnom Penh. Witness skilled artisans who create exquisite handicrafts and delicacies, and be treated to authentic experiences, including rides via oxcart, tuk-tuk and trishaw. On this transformative journey, the Mekong truly reveals a vibrant world along its shores.
What we are Including
- Pre-cruise package including 2 nights in Hanoi, 1-night cruise of Ha Long Bay & 3 nights in Siem Reap
- 7-night river cruise
- Post-cruise package including 2 nights in Ho Chi Minh
- Prepaid gratuities
- Intra-tour air & transfers
- Minimum numbers required for this journey to remain hosted
|French & Outside Balcony||$7299pp|
*Ask us about arranging your international airfare!
Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh
DAY 1 Kampong ChamEMBARKATION Phnom Pros & Phnom Srei “Twin Mountain” visit Welcome dinner
DAY 2 Angkor BanWalking tour* Oknhatey Village Visit Silk Village and local school
DAY 3 Phnom PenhCruise to Phnom Penh Oudong Buddhist Blessing Ceremony Kampong-Tralach Oxcart ride Phnom Penh Tuk tuk orientation tour
DAY 4 Phnom PenhKilling Fields and Genocide Museum OR Central Market Phnom Penh Royal Palace and National Museum
DAY 5 Border CrossingBorder crossing from Cambodia to Vietnam
DAY 6 Tan ChauTrishaw ride to craftsmen’s workshops Or Local village
DAY 7 Sa DecLocal boat ride to Sa Dec Visit local market Xeo Quyt Xeo Quyt excursion Cai Be Visit local workshops and historic Kiet Old House
DAY 8 Ho Chi Minh CityDISEMBARKATION (My Tho Port)
River Cruises with a DifferenceOffering luxury and comfort and the ability to explore the wonderous rivers and canals of Europe, Asia and Africa, AmaWaterways is the ideal cruise line to discover local cultures and sights aboard some of the most well-appointed ships in the world. Explore the local scenery and cities on included tours and immerse yourself in exciting cultures and traditions, then return to the comfort of your luxury ship in the evening for fine dining, excellent onboard entertainment and a leisurely cruise overnight to your next port along your river journey.
Explore more about AmaWaterways. Discover what makes river cruising so special and how the AmaWaterways experience creates a lifetime of memories with an insatiable need to return to river cruising.
With AmaWaterways, there’s always more. More to be seen, felt, experienced and enjoyed with each and every cruise, regardless of the destination.
- Ama’s ships provide more views and more room with staterooms that often include two balconies, larger windows and more spacious staterooms and common areas
- More adventure awaits with included tours and shore excursions
- More ways to be active including fitness facilities and even complimentary bicycles perfect for exploring the villages and towns on your journey
- More dining options with stunning cuisine in a variety of restaurants
- More personalized service with 1 staff member for every 3 guests