8 Day Burgundy & Provence
Take a delightful river cruise through France along the Rhône and Saône Rivers with guided sightseeing in known French treasures and some hidden gems too! Take in the beautiful countryside, quaint villages and towns, as you sail through the most captivating views of France. Lyon, France’s gastronomic capital, founded by the Romans in 43 BC, sits at the junction of the Rhône and Saône Rivers and is a showcase of medieval and Renaissance architecture. Visit the popular Place des Terreaux with its lively cafés and monuments and stand in front of the famous fountain you’ve seen on postcards. You’ll have plenty of time to explore this historical city further and be sure to sample Beaujolais, the famous wine of the region. Beautifully nestled among vineyards, you’ll find the city of Tournon, a medieval treasure with plenty of Roman ruins and a fascinating 16th-century castle, where you’ll go on a guided walk. Continue your river cruise to historical Avignon and see the 14th-century Palace of the Popes—the largest gothic fortress in the world. On the Rhône River sits Arles, France—famous for inspiring the paintings of Van Gogh and its 1st-century Roman Amphitheater, which hosts plays and concerts to this day.
- Receive $699 airfare from select Canadian cities
- Save $1,700 per couple (savings included in advertised price)
- 8 Day River Cruise
- Guided sightseeing conducted by local English-speaking guides
- Complimentary Onboard Wi-Fi
- Complimentary sparkling wine with breakfast; wine, beer, or soft drinks with every lunch and dinner
- Daily four-course a la carte dinner in the Panorama Dining Room with choice of appetizers, soups, salads, entrees and desserts. Includes selections of regional recipes, Western dishes and vegetarian options.
- Welcome & farewell cocktails with sparkling wine and canapés
- Club Lounge with 24-hour self-serve beverage station with complimentary cappuccinos, lattes, tea, hot chocolate & premium coffees, as well as treats throughout the day
- Taxes & More!
- Onboard Credit -ask for details!
Highlights & Sightseeing
Day 1 Chalon-sur-Saône (Embarkation):
Onboard welcome reception
Day 2 Tournus:
Guided walk in Tournus; onboard cheese tasting
Day 3 Lyon:
Choice of guided sightseeing; with picture stop on Fourvière Hill or bike with your Adventure Host; onboard lecture
Day 4 Lyon:
Day 5 Tournon-Viviers:
Guided walk in Tournon; guided walk in Viviers, visit the Old Town and the cathedral
Day 6 Avignon:
Guided sightseeing, visit to the Palace of the Popes
Day 7 Arles:
Choice of guided sightseeing in Arles, visit the Roman Amphitheater, or painting workshop or walk with your Adventure Host
Day 8 Arles (Disembarkation):
Your cruise ends this morning.
However, no representation or description of the protection made by CruisePlus Management Ltd to you, constitutes a binding assurance or promise about the protection. We (CruisePlus) are not an insurance company and we do not have the responsibility for ensuring adherence to the insurance terms & conditions, submission, payment or adjustment of claims.
We strongly suggest you read through the insurance information provided upon purchase and email us with any questions.
Covid-19 is considered a known event and exclusions apply for most, if not all policies.